Nute Gunray is a bomber with the stealth ability. Let’s take a look at what he has to offer to your team.
Type: Scoundrel, Attacker
Synergy: Stealth, Bomb, Critical Chance, Turn Meter Gain, AoE Damage
How to Get[Shards]: Data Cards, PvP Arena Shipments
|Scales well with critical damage(use Boba Fett as Leader)||Bombs have very long cooldown at 5 turns|
|Stealth sky rockets his damage potential||Very low health pool|
|Has a great leader skill for stealth units||Poor armor and resistance|
|Quite speedy and will usually go first|
Skills and Abilities
Note: All skill descriptions are based at max level. The bracket denotes the level required to upgrade that skill.
Basic Ability: Cowardly Shot – Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 55% chance to gain Stealth for 1 turn.
- LvL 2: +5% Damage(16)
- LvL 3: +15% Stealth Chance(16)
- LvL 4: +5% Damage(16)
- LvL 5: +15% Damage(16)
- LvL 6: +5% Damage(16)
- LvL 7: +5% Damage(16)
- LvL 8: +15% Stealth Chance(16)
Special Ability: Grenade Toss – Place a Thermal Detonator on target enemy that explodes afer 3 turns, dealing damage to the affected target and 50% of that amount to all other enemies. (5 Turn CD)
- LvL 2: +2.5% Max Health Damage(18)
- LvL 3: +10% Splash Damage(28)
- LvL 4: +2.5% Max Health Damage(38)
- LvL 5: +5% Max Health Damage(48)
- LvL 6: +2.5% Max Health Damage(58)
- LvL 7: +2.5% Max Health Damage(68)
- LvL 8: +10% Splash Damage(78)
Unique Ability: Shrewd Tactics – Nute Gunray gains 3.5% Defense for each living ally, and has 65% Critical Chance while Stealthed.
- LvL 2: +0.5% Defense(20)
- LvL 3: +0.5% Defense(30)
- LvL 4: +15% Critical Chance(40)
- LvL 5: +0.5% Defense(50)
- LvL 6: +15% Critical Chance(60)
- LvL 7: +0.5% Defense(70)
- LvL 8: +15% Critical Chance(80)
Leader Ability: Backroom Subterfuge – Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 25% Turn Meter on a Critical hit.
- LvL 2: +5% Critical Chance(22)
- LvL 3: Add +20% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit(32)
- LvL 4: +5% Critical Chance(42)
- LvL 5: +5% Turn Meter Gain(52)
- LvL 6: +5% Critical Chance(62)
- LvL 7: +5% Critical Chance(72)
- LvL 8: +5% Turn Meter Gain(82)
Stat Growth/Increase Per Level Table
Base and Max Stats
|Special Critical Rate||0||0|
Nute Gunray is a great stealth leader. He would work very well with Princess Leia, Dathcha, Teebo and Nightsister Acolyte. This could be an all stealth team here.
However, all stealth characters are fragile and therefore not a good team against any AoE team. When Nute stealths, his damage goes up as he gets critical chance bonus. His base critical rate is high and gets stronger when you gear him well.
The bomb isn’t the best skill to have, but since he is fragile, you can always cast bomb on your enemies on the first turn for the AoE damage 2 turns later. That means he can go down easily but he will still do some damage.
I think Nute will become a good choice once EA buffs bombs. They could buff it to perhaps stun enemies when it detonates. Until that happens, I think burst damage is better.
|Campaign Map:||(4 / 5)|
|Arena:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Galactic War:||(3.5 / 5)|
Verdict: Build him if you want a stealth team.