We all want our kids to look clean and smell fresh, but at the age of 10 an above, they have simply stopped being babies and lose their sweet baby smell and are now taking on a more masculine or feminine scent. If you are concerned about your kids smell or just want to keep them smelling fresh, this article will guide you on what to look for in a Kid’s Deodorant and recommendations of our top 5 best deodorant for kids.
Top 5 Best Deodorant for Kids
1. Truly’s All Natural Deodorant For Kids
Truly’s deodorant for kids is an all natural deodorant made predominantly of coconut oil, beeswax, powdered sugar and baking soda. It doesn’t contain aluminum, Propylene-Glycol or Parabens, and is designed to last the all day. It’s also a fragrance free, non-stinging and non-staining deodorant that won’t leave white traces on your clothing.
Truly’s offers effectiveness and peace of mind which leaves you knowing that your kid will be out of harm’s way as they remain refreshed the entire day. Using Truly’s All Natural Deodorant For Kids is pretty easy; just smear a small amount on the surface of the underarm and one single application will last the entire day. So of your looking for a natural protection against body odor for your kids then you should give Truly’s deodorant a try.
2. Eo Organic Deodorant Spray, Lavender, 4 Fluid Ounce ( 2-Pack)
The Eo Organic Deodorant is probably one of the simplest but most effect forms of deodorant you will find on the market today. This is another great deodorant for families who prefer to go the natural way. It’s made up of organic ethanol, purified water, and essential oils which include Lavandula Hybrida and Lavandula Angustifolia.
The deodorant leaves your kid cool, clean and smelling fresh. It has a special way of invigorating and refreshing the wearer while neutralizing and eliminating any traces of unpleasant body odor. The deodorant bottle is very easy to use and the ingredients don’t leave the skin dry.
3. Soapwalla Organic Deodorant Cream
Soapwalla might be a small company but they make some of the most effective skincare products, and this Organic Deodorant Cream is no exception. It’s specifically made for kids without harmful agents such as aluminum and Paraben. Additionally, the company doesn’t use unnecessary hardeners or waxes and so temperature fluctuations won’t affect its state.
The deodorant comes with an extensive list of natural ingredients which mainly include essential oils. If you are looking specifically for a cream deodorant that doesn’t leave whit marks and lasts an entire day, you should try Soapwalla Organic Deodorant Cream.
4. Green Tidings Organic All Natural Deodorant, Lavender, 2.7 Ounces
By now you must have noticed that our top 5 best deodorant for kids contains predominantly natural and organic options that are completely safe for your kid. And if you don’t want your kid using anything synthetic or artificial, Green Tidings Organic All Natural Deodorant is another great addition to your options.
Green Tidings All Natural Deodorant is one of the best selling deodorants on Amazon, thanks to its extensive list of efficacious ingredients. The deo contains coconut oil, starch, baking soda, shear butter, candelilla wax and magnesium oil, all working together to keep the body fresh, cool and clean all day long.
5. Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant
Schmidt’s is another very popular Kid’s deodorant designed from an award winning, natural formula. It has a fairly short list of ingredients which include Baking Soda, Shea Butter, Arrowroot Powder, Vitamin E, Cocoa Seed Butter, and Hop Extract. It’s essentially fragrance-free but releases a rather refreshing and long lasting lime, Bergamot and Cedar wood aroma that will keep your kid fresh the entire day. It absorbs odor perfectly and doesn’t leave any white traces on clothes.
Things to look for when choosing your Kid’s Deodorant
Before buying a deodorant for your kid, there are certain basic things that you need to keep in mind. You aren’t alone; most parents out there don’t know how to choose the right deodorant for their kids. The primary thing you should consider is your kid’s age. In fact, most companies classify their kid’s deodorants according to specific age groups. Buying from a company that has this classification will make your buying process much easier. Below are other things to look for:
• Check the ingredients: the health of your kid is vital, so when choosing their deodorant, check to see that it’s free from aluminum. Other elements such as triclosan form carcinogenic chloroform when they come in contact with water and this can be harmful to your kids. Generally, you should understand the function and need of each ingredient included in the deodorant as each ingredient will have some kind of effect on your kid.
• Check to see that you’re actually choosing a deodorant and not an antiperspirant for your kids. Antiperspirants are only appropriate for adults since they tend to block the skin pores in kids and teenagers.
• As less chemicals as possible: one of the most important factors you should understand is that your kid’s body is at a stage of developing its immune system to fight against some harmful chemicals. So deodorants containing a large amount of chemicals might cause harmful effects to your kids.
• One of the most common complaints especially with natural deodorants containing oils such as coconut is that they tend to stain clothes. So if you are in for such natural deodorants then choose brands with lesser oil content that won’t stain your kid’s clothes.
• Function: different deodorants are used slightly differently. If your kid is just entering puberty, chances are their sweat glands have become more active and are developing stronger odors. This affects their underarms as well as their genital area. Choose deodorants used under the arms as these covers up smell minimizing the potential odor.