With Yasuo due to be released soon, lets take a look at this skills that we can see for the public beta test to figure out potential builds for him.
Passive: Way of The Wanderer
- Intent: Yasuo’s critical strike chance is doubled.
- Resolve: Yasuo gains Flow as he moves – the faster he moves, the faster his Flow meter fills. When full, Yasuo activates a brief shield after taking damage from enemy champions or monsters.
With Intent, this definitely invites people to build Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancers and Statikk Shivs to capitalize on his critical chance. I am unsure if this will make him super unbalanced, but we will see. He is somewhat similar to Tryndamere. Resolve encourages you to move him around all the time, since it will give him a shield.
Q: Steel Tempest
- Yasuo thrusts forward with his sword, damaging all enemies in a line. Successfully landing Steel Tempest grants Yasuo Gathering Storm stacks for a short period. The third stack of Gathering Storm causes Steel Tempest to send out a whirlwind that travels in a line and sends all enemies caught Airborne. If Yasuo casts Steel Tempest during Sweeping Blade, the ability strikes all enemies immediately around him.
This skill has great synergy with his E – Sweeping Blade. This is also his poke. You can also use this to farm if you are up against ranged champions. The idea is to store up 3 gathering storm stacks and use the final stack to harass your opponents.
W: Wind Wall
- Passive: Dashing replenishes Yasuo’s Flow faster.
- Active: Yasuo creates a wall of wind that slowly drifts forward for a few seconds. The wall blocks all enemy projectiles.
Taking points in this will increase your flow faster by using your E – Sweeping Blade. It seems like Yasuo’s skills are highly synergized. The wall can block damage coming your way. It can also block turret shots in public test! While I am not entirely sure what else it blocks, but we will know once he is fully released.
E: Sweeping Blade
- Yasuo dashes a fixed distance through an enemy, dealing damage and marking them briefly. If Yasuo uses Sweeping Blade multiple times in succession, the ability deals extra damage up to a cap. Yasuo cannot use Sweeping Blade on an enemy that’s already been marked.
This can be used offensively and defensively. For offensive, this will be your initiation skill to engage in a fight. When you are in a bad situation, you can also use this to escape.
R: Last Breath
- Yasuo teleports to a nearby Airborne enemy champion, briefly suspending them and all surrounding Airborne enemies mid-air as he damages them. Once he lands, Yasuo gains significant armor penetration against his enemy’s bonus armor for an extended period of time.
This skill is a little confusing. From the description, it seems like you can only use it while the enemy is in the air, meaning you will have to your Q to gather 3 gathering storms, use it to knock someone up and then activate your ult.
Here is a video of Pawnce showcasing the champion:
Possible Item Builds
Critical Build: Berserker Greaves, Phantom Dancer, Statikk Shiv, Infinity Edge, Blade of the Ruined King and Guardian Angel.
This is a rather standard ADC build, but it can work well with Yasuo due to double critical from his passive. You also get the Guardian Angel for some defense.
Bruiser Build: Ninja Tabi, Randuin’s Omen, Statikk Shiv, Black Cleaver, Spirit Visage and Tri Force.
This will give you plenty of mobility,survivability and split pushing abilities. This is also ideal to counter enemy ADC’s.
Tank Build: Ninja Tabi, Sunfire Cape, Spirit Visage, Randuin’s Omen, Black Cleaver and Blade of the Ruined King.
This can be great for lasting longer in team battles as you try to disrupt the backline as much as you can.
Jungle Build: Boots of Mobility, Spirit of the Elder Lizard, Blade of the Ruined King, Locket of the Iron Solari, Black Cleaver and Tri Force.
This build focuses on fast ganks and the extra movespeed will make sure your opponents can’t run away easily from you.
All these are potential builds, but we will have to wait till the final release before we can make changes to those possible builds for Yasuo.