In the popular city-building game from EA, SimCity BuildIt, you are a budding mayor empowered over your land, tasked to keep your citizens happy by making the right structures and decisions. You are well aware that there will be houses, utilities and the industry to serve them, but sure enough, it won’t be easy running a city! This involves critical planning, implementing strategies, and being in control.
How can you create the city of your dreams without going mad and feeling their wrath? What exactly makes up a good mayor? Follow the ultimate Sim City Buildit Guide to become an efficient and effective, respected authority who can manage to keep an entire city up and running!
I. Things A New Player Should Know
1. SimCity BuildIt is best played online. Your progress is automatically saved through signing in to your Facebook, Game Center, or Google Play account, then you can conveniently log in across any of your devices such that all your hardwork will not be put to waste.
The game can keep up with updates, new content, improvements, and chances of getting great deals in neighboring towns are within reach! You get bonuses and gifts too when visiting your friend’s cities. No worries if the connection gets lost, since you can seamlessly continue your game in offline mode and you can quickly reconnect whenever possible.
2. Your currency is called Simoleons. It serves as the way for your citizens to pay taxes, you collect it as rewards for building and upgrading more structures and roads, and what you’ll need for purchasing, trading and getting deals.
SimCash is quite different, which you can utilize to speed things up a bit, which are earned as a bonus for your city achievements and can be acquired right in your Mayor’s Mansion, or purchased in the store and convert into Simoleons as necessary. Hitting population milestones, turning into an awesome trader, or exhibiting excellent Services for your citizens are some examples of City Achievements.
3. A City to Call Your Own. Simply go to the Settings menu then choose “Change City Name” as you prefer. Your personalized name in SimCity BuildIt is shown in the Global Trade HQ for everyone’s eyes to see such as those who may want to buy your products and friends who visit your city.
Tap and hold your buildings to move them around. Pan by dragging with one finger, and use two fingers to Zoom by pinching in or out, to Rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise, and Tilt by moving up or down for a better, closer look in your city’s activities.
II. City Layout
Planning a strategy is always worth it and pays off in the long run. Basic Services such as Power, Water, Sewage, Waste, and Emergency Services like Fire, Police, and Health facilities will make them your citizens feel secure. Hence, these buildings should be built set up within close proximity to the city’s residential zones. Build stores like appliances and fashion trends, and restaurants nearby for the comfort and convenience of the people in your city. Keep the industrial area far from the neighborhood, and you would probably have an idea why because they can be so noisy and annoying in real life, right? Not to mention the pollution and dirt that come with crafting things.
III. Resources and Buildings
Factories, manufacturing and commercial buildings craft things to further improve your city, and can be easily collected right on top of each establishment. Factories yield basic materials, including Minerals, Metal, Seeds, Wood, and Plastic. There are manufacturers of commercial products such as the hardware, building supplies, furniture, and you can acquire goods from the market, gardening supplies, and obtain special items.
Get them running prior to attending to other matters and have them working before you exit the game since it takes time to craft. You may want to consider upgrading your storage for easier access to a variety of materials and resources. If you want to go big time and come up with skyscrapers, think big as well and go beyond the basics. Attract wealthy homeowners and build Parks, Educational Structures, Landmarks, Entertainment, Gambling, and more!
Dr. Vu has been doing some experimenting and he might not be an image of one good neighbor, but he can grant you with delightful Golden Keys. Unlock disaster challenges through attracting more people and boosting your population level. Once you reach 90,000 it can be activated and when a disaster challenge is triggered, a Meteor, UFO or Earthquake will damage a few homes.
This gives you the chance to help out in every way you can by repairing the poor homeowner’s home and rebuild the peace and beauty of your city. Simply tap on the affected area to find out what materials you need, and Golden Keys will soon be in your grasp!
The Glittering Golden Keys – This priceless treasure cannot be bought whether by Simoleons or SimCash in SimCity Buildit, and can only be earned through completing cargo shipments or when restoring your city during times of disaster. Golden Keys give you access to cool and famous, awe-inspiring premium buildings everyone will admire!
V. General Tips
1. Keeping Everyone Happy. Failing to keep your citizens happy leads them to abandon their homes and sad to say, leave your beautiful city. Opinion bubbles signal possible problems like traffic jams and boredom, but when the red exclamation marks appear, it’s something more serious that you must immediately address.
2. Residential and Commercial Zones. The residential zone provides your valued citizens a place to build homes and settle down. This shoots up your city’s population and increases your Simoleons with the taxes they pay. Build what you deem your people need and want in the industry to keep them satisfied, and don’t be afraid to move things around or demolish things that are a hindrance to all.
3. Spend Your Sim Cash on Expanding Store Capacity. Prioritize this over speeding up production as the items produced there take a long time. They items are also valuable.
4. Place Your Factories Far Away From Residential Areas. Factories will pollute the area and the last thing you want is your residential area close to it.
5. Using The Trading Post. It will allow you to get the materials you need at a discounted price if you visit other player’s cities and check out their trading post. This will save you a lot of money.
6. On the Road to Success. Roads are essential to connect everything together for open communication, and without them, Sims will definitely be unhappy. With all the information cited here in this Sim City Buildit Guide, you are well on your way to becoming a successful mayor!