Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Magmatrooper Review

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Magmatrooper Review

SWGOH Magmatrooper Review S

GeneralCharacter Guide & StatsShard LocationTeam ComboGalactic WarArenaKeycards
Jedi ConsularTaliaPoe DameronLuke SkywalkerBarriss OffeeDarth SidiousMob Enforcer
Mace WinduJawaCount DookuHk-47Old DakaDarth MaulNightsister Acolyte
IG-86IG-88Luminara UnduliAhsoka TanoEwok ElderDarth VaderLobot
Asajj VentressNightsister InitiateFirst Order TIE PilotSavage OpressPoggle the LesserDathchaRoyal Guard
Qui-Gon JinnPrincess LeiaObi-Wan KenobiStorm Trooper HanChewbaccaGeneral VeersLando Calrissian
Aayla SecuraBoba FettCaptain PhasmaCoruscant Underworld PoliceCT-5555 "Fives"Geonosian SoldierKit Fisto
Kylo RenAdmiral AckbarBiggs DarklighterCad BaneClone Sergeant - Phase 1Eeth KothJedi Knight Guardian
Ewok ScoutFinnFirst Order OfficerFirst Order StormtrooperGrand Moff TarkinGreedoJedi Knight Anakin
Hoth Rebel ScoutHoth Rebel SoldierReyIG-100 MagnaGuardIma-Gun DiNute GunrayGrand Master Yoda
General GrievousMagmatrooperResistance PilotPlo Koon

The Magmatrooper is a resilient attacker that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage.

Type: Empire, Attacker

Side: Dark

Synergy: AoE Damage, Turn Meter Gain, Turn Meter Reduction, Tenacity

How to Get[Shards]: Data Cards

Pros Cons
Can hit 2 targets with the basic attack Low special resistance
Good chance to remove turn meter on all enemies No leader skill
High tenacity to resist bad status effects and gain turn meter No special attacks
Tanky character

Skills and Abilities

Note: All skill descriptions are based at max level. The bracket denotes the level required to upgrade that skill.

Basic Ability: Line of Fire – Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to damage another random target. The secondary attack deals 35% less damage.

  • LvL 2: +5% Damage(16)
  • LvL 3: +15% Secondary Attack chance(26)
  • LvL 4: +5% Damage(36)
  • LvL 5: -15% Damage Penalty(46)
  • LvL 6: +5% Damage(56)
  • LvL 7: +5% Damage(66)
  • LvL 8: +15% Secondary Attack chance(76)

Special Ability: Thermal Imploder – Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and remove 30% Turn Meter, with a 40% chance to remove another 30% Turn Meter. This attack ignores Armor. (4 Turn CD)

  • LvL 2: +5% Damage(18)
  • LvL 3: +15% Damage(28)
  • LvL 4: +5% Damage(38)
  • LvL 5: +5% Damage(48)
  • LvL 6: +10% Turn Meter Reduction(58)
  • LvL 7: +5% Damage(68)
  • LvL 8: +15% Damage(78)

Unique Ability: Hazard Training – Magmatrooper has +25% Tenacity and gains 60% Turn Meter whenever he Resists or suffers a negative status effect.

  • LvL 2: +10% Turn Meter Gain(20)
  • LvL 3: +10% Turn Meter Gain(30)
  • LvL 4: +5% Tenacity(40)
  • LvL 5: +10% Turn Meter Gain(50)
  • LvL 6: +5% Tenacity(60)
  • LvL 7: +10% Turn Meter Gain(70)
  • LvL 8: +5% Tenacity(80)

Stat Growth/Increase Per Level Table

Star Grade 1★ 2★ 3★ 4★ 5★ 6★ 7★
Strength N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A  8.1
Agility N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 5.4
Intelligence N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 4.5

Base and Max Stats

Stat Base Max
STR 19  866
AGI 16  525
INT 15  430
Health 512  16818
Speed 100  119
Physical Damage 42  1914
Physical Critical 6  480
Armor 3 196
Armor Penetration 0  15
Dodge 0 0
Special Damage 36  1092
Special Critical Rate 0  0
Resist 1  70
Resist Penetration 0  0
Deflect Rating 0 0
Critical Damage 150% 150%
Potency 0 7%
Tenacity 15% 74%
Hp Steal 0 0%


The Magmatrooper is the newest addition to the SWGOH team. He offers bonus attacks on his basic ability. At max level, provides a 50% chance to attack another random target at -35% power on the second shot. This translates to more attacks/damage over the course of 5 turns.

He also has a lot of turn meter manipulation skills, with his special attack reducing enemy turn meters while his unique gives him bonus turn meter if he resists any negative effects.

His health pool and speed is decent than most troopers, so that makes him a good character to have on the dark side.

The downside is that he doesn’t have any special attacks or a leader skill. He is also currently not farmable, so I think you won’t see much of him till EA makes him farmable.


[usrlist “Campaign Map:3.5” “Arena:3.5” “Galactic War:3.5”]

Verdict: Gear him if you pulled him and make him your utility tank for the dark side.

References: SWGOH, SWGOH.GG

Topics of Interest

Gaming Category Icon Anime Category Icon Entertainment Category Icon Jinx Icon Reviews Category Icon


Also, Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of, Inc. or its affiliates.

Terms and Conditions