IG-88 is an assassination droid that can inflict anti-heal debuff and deal AoE damage. This brief guide will give you a rough idea of what he has to offer to your team.
Type: Droid, Attacker
Synergy: AoE, Anti Heal, AoE Damage, Critical, Ability Block
How to Get[Shards]: Data Cards, Arena Shipment
|Anti-heal debuff is very effective against healers||Poor health pool|
|Works very well with Hk-47||Must have Hk-47 for its full potential due to turn meter buff|
|Great crowd control with AoE ability block||Glass cannon and dies easily to focus fire|
|Can move twice in a turn if his AoE crits 5 enemies||Deals only physical damage|
|Also teams up well with Darth Sidious and Poggle the Lesser||Vulnerable to anti-droid characters(Jawa/Dathcha/Ima-Gun Di)|
|Critical hit leader skill works with any high damage team|
Skills and Abilities
Note: All skill descriptions are based at max level. The bracket denotes the level required to upgrade that skill.
Basic Ability: Mortal Wound – Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 60% chance to inflict Healing Immunity for 2 Turns.
- LvL 2: +5% Damage(16)
- LvL 3: +15% Healing Immunity Chance(26)
- LvL 4: +5% Damage(36)
- LvL 5: +15% Damage(46)
- LvL 6: +5% Damage(56)
- LvL 7: +5% Damage(66)
- LvL 8: +15% Healing Immunity Chance(78)
Special Ability: Rapid Fire – Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 55% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 Turn. (4 Turn CD)
- LvL 2: +5% Damage(18)
- LvL 3: +5% Damage(28)
- LvL 4: +15% Ability Block Chance(38)
- LvL 5: +5% Damage(48)
- LvL 6: +15% Ability Block Chance(58)
- LvL 7: +5% Damage(68)
- LvL 8: Add 50% chance to inflict Defense Down for 2 turns(78)
Unique Ability: Adaptive Aim Algorithm – IG-88 has +45% Critical Damage and deals 20% more damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect.
- LvL 2: +5% Critical Damage(22)
- LvL 3: Add 10% Damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect(32)
- LvL 4: +5% Critical Damage(42)
- LvL 5: +5% Bonus Damage(52)
- LvL 6: +15% Critical Damage(62)
- LvL 7: +5% Bonus Damage(72)
- LvL 8: +15% Critical Damage(82)
Leader Skill: Resourceful Pursuer – All allies gain 20% Critical Chance.
- LvL 2: +1% Critical Chance(20)
- LvL 3: +3% Critical Chance(30)
- LvL 4: +1% Critical Chance(40)
- LvL 5: +1% Critical Chance(50)
- LvL 6: +3% Critical Chance(60)
- LvL 7: +1% Critical Chance(70)
- LvL 8: Add Damage Over Time effect on a Critical Hit(80)
Stat Growth/Increase Per Level Table
Base and Max Stats
|Special Critical Rate||0||10|
IG-88 is one heck of a great debuffer and damage dealer. He can inflict anti healing debuff and apply ability block on all enemies. This is vital since anti heal debuff renders healers quite useless when they heal. Ability block will stop the annoying Chewbacca from taunting you, allowing you to burst down other enemies.
He also deals more damage when the enemy has more debuffs on them. This allows you pair AoE damage dealers like Darth Sidious, HK-47 and Captain Phasma for some serious damage. At higher levels, he crits quite often and you will start liking him very much alongside HK-47 and IG-86. Also, he gets to move again if he crits a few enemies using his AoE when HK-47 is the leader. Who doesn’t like free turns? 🙂
On the downside, he is very fragile and can easily die to focus fire. Bring Ewok Elder or Old Daka to have to ability to revive so they will be ready to fight again.
[usrlist “Campaign Map:4” “Arena: 3.5” “Galactic War:3.5”]
Verdict: Upgrade and max only if you run a droid or AoE team.