Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Shard Farming Guide [Locations]
Welcome to SW: Galaxy of Heroes shard farming guide! In this tutorial, we will be going over the importance of shard collecting.
Shards are essential in getting your favorite Star Wars character. Many of the strong characters such as Count Dooku, Luke Skywalker and First Order TIE Pilot can only be gotten from consistently getting their character shards. As you get more shards for your characters, you are able to upgrade them from 1 star all the way to 7 stars. This will in turn improve their base stats such as armor, physical and special damage, resistance and more.
So far, only Darth Vader cannot be farmed, but I am sure they will allow us to do that sometime in the future. Right now, you can farm character shards in 3 areas:
- Light Side Battles (requires 12 energy and light characters)
- Dark Side Battles (requires 12 energy and dark characters)
- Squad Cantina Battles (requires 8-12 cantina energy, can use both light or dark characters)
Keep in mind both light and dark side hard battles can only be done 3 times for any given stage, so you are quite limited in terms of the number of shards you can get here. For Squad Cantina battles, you technically have “unlimited” energy to farm a character if you keep buying crystals. For most f2p people, they can at least get 3-5 shards a day of the character they choose to farm.
Also make sure to save your Cantina credits on character shards you really want.
It also helps if you can attain 3 stars of the map, since you can just use Sim Tickets to clear the stage instead of fighting. I recommend farming Jedi Consular, Count Dooka and Luke Skywalker for beginners. They are very good and will allow you to get to the later stages where you can farm First Order TIE Pilot[an excellent hero] or any other hero you like.
If you have trouble finding the specific character, use the search function to find them in the table.
|Battle||Light Side||Dark Side||Squad Cantina|
|1-A||Ewok Scout||N/A||Geonosian Soldier|
|1-B||Jedi Consular||Clone Sergeant – Phase 1||Luke Skywalker|
|1-C||Count Dooku||Count Dooku||Clone Wars Chewbacca|
|1-D||Royal Guard||Jedi Consular||N/A|
|2-A||Rey||First Order Storm Trooper||Nightsister Acolyte|
|2-B||First Order Storm Trooper||Boba Fett||N/A|
|2-C||Ewok Elder||Clone Wars Chewbacca||N/A|
|2-E||Mace Windu||Luminara Unduli||N/A|
|2-F||Talia||IG-86 Sentinel Droid||N/A|
|3-A||Resistance Trooper||Resistance Trooper||Jedi Consular|
|3-E||Clone Wars Chewbacca||Clone Sergeant – Phase 1||Finn|
|3-F||Dathcha||Jedi Knight Guardian||N/A|
|4-A||Teebo||Biggs Darklighter||Mace Windu|
|4-C||General Veers||Ahsoka Tano||Kylo Ren|
|4-D||IG-86 Sentinel Droid||Stormtrooper||N/A|
|4-E||Poggle the Lesser||Boba Fett||IG-86 Sentinel Droid|
|5-B||Lobot||Jedi Knight Anakin||N/A|
|5-C||Jedi Knight Anakin||Barriss Offee||N/A|
|5-E||Clone Sergeant – Phase 1||Barriss Offee||N/A|
|6-A||Luminara Unduli||Hoth Rebel Scout||N/A|
|6-B||Jawa||First Order Tie Pilot||N/A|
|6-C||General Veers||Tusken Raider||N/A|
|6-D||First Order Tie Pilot||General Veers||N/A|
|6-E||Poggle the Lesser||MagnaGuard||N/A|
For those that are interested in what items you can get from Shipments using Cantina credits, here they are(they refresh every 6 hours):
- 1 Ability Material Mk1 – 100 Cantina Credits
- 1 Ability Material Mk2 – 200 Cantina Credits
- 5 Old Daka Shards – 400 Cantina Credits
- 5 Stormtrooper Shards – 400 Cantina Credits
- 5 First Order Officer Shards – 400 Cantina Credits
- 5 CT-5555 “Fives” Shards – 400 Cantina Credits
- 5 Ahsoka Tano Shards – 400 Cantina Credits
- 5 Jedi Knight Guardian Shards – 400 Cantina Credits
- 5 Mob Enforcer Shards – 400 Cantina Credits
- 5 Hoth Rebel Scout Shards – 400 Cantina Credits
- 5 Boba Fett Shards – 400 Cantina Credits
- 5 Poe Dameron Shards – 400 Cantina Credits
Most Farmable Character List
Bonus Data by meanpride of Reddit(Kudos):
GW – Galactic War Shipments. A completed War will reward a total of 15 shards
CANTINA – Cantina mission shards. Spending all cantina energy, INCLUDING 1 REFILL(which is highly recommended), would yield approx. 8 shards a day.
HM – Hard Mode shards. 3 max missions that yields ~1 shard per mission per day. Multiple Heroes have multiple missions.
For reference: http://www.swgohcantina.com/swgoh-shard-farming-locations/
- IG-86 – 15(GW), 8(CANTINA), 2(2HM) = 25/day
- Datcha – 15(GW), 8(CANTINA), 2(2HM) = 25/day
- Biggs Darklighter – 15 (GW), 8(CANTINA), 1(1HM) = 24/day
- Luminara – 15(GW), 3(3HM) = 18/day
- Poggle – 15(GW), 2(2HM) = 17/day
- Teebo – 15(GW), 2(2HM) = 17/day
- Tusken Raider – 15(GW), 1(1HM) = 16/day
- Phasma, Resistance Pilot, Nightsister Initiate – 15(GW) = 15/day
- Jedi Consular – 8(CANTINA), 3(3HM) = 11/day
- Chewbacca – 8(CANTINA), 2(2HM) = 10/day
- Mace Windu – 8(CANTINA), 1(1HM) = 9/day
*Arena Heroes – 10/day (If ranked from 101-200)
Disclaimer: CANTINA and HM are an approximate. You may get more or less depending on RNG.
EDIT: lowered Cantina drops from 10 to 8. My RNG Data may be different from others.