|Max Rarity||Skills||Future Proof||Stats||Equipment||Trust Master||Overall|
|5★ – 6★||Prince||FF XV||Male||Human|
Trust Master Rewards – Ring of the Lucii [Accessory] – Stats: MAG+3, SPR+3. Additional effect: Gain access to Alterna, Death and Holy
Noctis comes to FFBE as a One-Man Swiss Army Knife, his skillset is the most expansive of any character so far, and while he may not be the most powerful he’s easily the most versatile. Noctis brings so much to any team he’s on he will probably be a permanent character on any team until 7-Star units get released in the distant future. Remember, any game content can be beaten without having certain characters, but having Noctis by your side will make it that much easier.
Noctis brings along these notable active abilities (there are a lot):
• Warp Break (Physical damage (2.5x) with ignore DEF (40%) and decrease ATK/DEF (30%) for 3 turns to one enemy), physical break on a hard hitting attack
• Comeback (Revive one KO’d ally (100% HP)), Full-Raise with a different name
• Warp Decoy (Negate 3 damage taken for 3 turns to caster), for when you want to survive Ultima and not cast Guard
• Thunder Flask (Lightning hybrid damage (4x) and reduce DEF/SPR (30%) for 3 turns to all enemies), AoE defense break, yes please
• Blizzard Flask (Ice hybrid damage (4x) and stop (30%) to all enemies), this skill makes Noctis the arena boss right now, no skills stop Stop
• Fire Flask (Fire hybrid damage (4x) and random 2 status ailments (30%) to all enemies), the other reason why you don’t want to face Noctis in arena. AoE petrify? Ouch!
• Point-Warp (Physical damage (3x) with jump delay (1 turn) to one enemy and recover HP (2000) and MP (135) to caster), self-heal, mana regen and physical damage all in one
• Link (Physical damage (1x) to one enemy and increase ATK/MAG (30%) for 3 turns to all allies), party buff and physical attack in one
• Cover (Heal (1000HP, 10x) and refresh (10MP, 0.2x) per turn over 3 turns to all allies), party HP and MP heal
• Fish (Increase likeliness of being targeted (100%) for 1 turn to caster), provoke in a pinch
• Blindside (Physical damage (2.1x) to one enemy), Noctis’s out of the box attack
Along with these notable passives (also a large list):
• Power of Kings, with the right equipment, Noctis can either be physical damage-support, magic damage-support, healer-support or tank-support
o Power of Kings – Spears (Increase ATK/SPR (20%) when equipped with a spear)
o Power of Kings – Katanas (Increase ATK/MAG (20%) when equipped with a katana)
o Power of Kings – Guns (Increase MAG/DEF (20%) when equipped with a gun)
o Power of Kings – Throwing Weapons (Increase MAG/SPR (20%) when equipped with a throwing weapon)
o Power of Kings – Shields (Increase DEF/SPR (20%) when equipped with a light shield or a heavy shield)
o Power of Kings – Large Swords (Increase ATK (35%) when equipped with a great sword)
o Power of Kings – Swords (Increase ATK (20%) and SPR (15%) when equipped with a sword)
o Power of Kings – Short Swords (Increase ATK (20%) and DEF (15%) when equipped with a dagger)
• Chosen King (HP/MP +15%), all hail the king!
• Damage Warp (Counter physical attacks (30%) with heal (400HP, 3x) to self), passive heal whenever Noctis counters
• Parry (Chance to negate physical damage taken (20%)), tank-ish ability, makes Noctic harder to kill in arena
Ring of the Lucii (Statistics – Type: Accessory, Stats: MAG+3, SPR+3, Additional effect: Gain access to Alterna, Death and Holy) and the spells do:
• Alterna – (Effect: Magic damage (5.1x) with ignore SPR (25%) to all enemies), better than Ultima
• Death – (Effect: Instant KO (30%) and physical damage (0.8x) with HP drain (30%) to one enemy), still does damage even if it doesn’t KO
• Holy – (Type: Special Ability (Passive), Effect: Chance to negate physical damage taken (25%) and counter physical attacks (25%) with light magic damage (1.2x) and recover MP (40) to self), damager negation, counter attack and MP heal all in one and it’s a passive!
As you can see not only is Noctis himself a force to be reckoned with, so is his Trust Master, Noctis himself may not be able to take advantage of Alterna to its fullest potential, but other units can (Exdeath), Alterna can also be double-casted, so it may as well just read “Win your current arena match this turn”.
Armiger (Base: Physical damage (8x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (50%) for 2 turns to all allies – Max: Physical damage (11.6x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (74%) for 2 turns to all allies), sorry Cecil, you just got usurped. Noctis’s limit break is the new aged far superior version to my old friend’s Cecil, sorry Cecil, time to get with the times and move over, you can still take the hits and cast some healing, but Noctis just overtook even your niche limit break.
Noctis is strong for sure, but understand, with the oncoming banners and unit enhancements this power level starts to become the norm. In this way Noctis reminds me of Lightning when she was first released, she became the standard bearer for a few months and has been slowly been pushed back and new units come out and power creep kicks in. Noctis was the start of a 2nd wave, which for global was very early, since Noctis was also released at the same on the Japanese version of FFBE which has other units that compete at his power level.
Verdict: Is Noctis Lightning Version 2.0? Yes. Is he super over-powered? Yes, in the same way Lightning once was. Will he always be the OMG world shattering unit that he is today? No. Soon Orlandu will be released which will be another unit on Noctis’s same power level and other units will be released after that that compete for the top spot. FFBE has power creep like any other game, Noctis is the best unit now, but if you don’t get him, just realize there will be other opportunities to get unit’s at his same power level. That being said, Happy Whaling!
|Rarity||HP||MP||ATK||DEF||MAG||SPR||Attack Hits||LB Drops||Exp. Growth Pattern|
Maximum Stats Increase
Noctis is neutral to all elements and status ailments.
|5★||Phantom Sword||Base: Physical damage (7.2x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (40%) for 2 turns to all allies
Max: Physical damage (10.05x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (59%) for 2 turns to all allies
|6★||Phantom Sword||Base: Physical damage (8x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (50%) for 2 turns to all allies
Max: Physical damage (11.6x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (74%) for 2 turns to all allies
Noctis can equip 7 weapons and 6 armors
|5★||4||White Magic Lvl 7, Black Magic Lvl 7|
|6★||4||White Magic Lvl 8, Black Magic Lvl 8|
|Rarity||Material 1||Material 2||Material 3||Material 4||Material 5|
|6★||Calamity Gem (20)||Calamity Writ (10)||Prismatic Horn (10)||Rainbow Bloom (5)||Divine Crystal (5)|
The prince of the Kingdom of Lucis, spoken of in stories from the faraway land of Eos. He set out from the capital with his three friends looking forward to his wedding which would guarantee peace with the Niflheim Empire.
Though he often acts brash in order to hide his shy and soft-spoken nature, he inherited his father’s compassion for others and is a truly kind person. He is particularly accepting of his friends, treating them as if they were part of his own family.